Show and tell your books.
Agh… my favourite pastime. Where to begin. At the start, where else!
The first book I had published was In Times of Violence YA edition (currently working on the adult edition)
1) In Times of Violence started as an 18 A4 page typed
(yes, I said typed) story.
2) S.E.Hinton and her book, The Outsiders, was the reason I wrote ITOV.
3) A woman was reading the book by a pool and was so caught in the story, she didn’t see or hear her boyfriend calling to her as he got cramp, and was going under. Oops.
Then came Huntress Dark MC romance 18+ due to explicit scenes and graphic violence.
- I had no plans to write a sequel to ITOV, but the fans demanded it, and you have to give them what they want.
- Readers have said Huntress is like reading a script from, the SOA TV series, created and written by Kurt Sutter. Who has a warped mind and awesome acting abilities. (My book was out way before their MS hit the table.)
After two male-oriented MC novels, I wanted the women to have their turn. Book three is a vigilante thriller MC novel called Lawless Justice.
- I got the idea for this bad ass biker MC, from the film Death Proof, staring Kurt Russel and written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.
- There is a message in the front of the book, to the awesome actor, film critiqe and oscar winning director, Quentin Tarantino.
- Lawless Justice is the book that the fans want to see turned into a movie! Guess who I would have as my director? ….. Yep, you got it. Quentin Taratnino. ( Are you seeing a pattern here?)
The last book in the series is Road Rage it’s a stand-alone read. 18+ because of the graphic violent scenes and the explicit sexual scenes.
- One of the smaller characters in Lawless Justice is the main character in Road Rage. I needed to tell her story.
- Road Rage is the second most popular book in my collection.
- It was the film Biker Boyz, that inspire me to write the storyline about another MC. The clean-cut public superbike racing team, Rage.
Moving on- this was my first (and won’t be the last) Dark Mafia Romance, Broken Chains. I enjoyed writing this book so much, and I had loads of fun with it. 18+ due to explicit content and graphic violence.
- Broken Chains became my number one bestseller.
- Broken Chains won the Top Pick Award from Author Shout and was nominated in the top indie books of 2021 by Joe Compton, owner of the indie media platform, Go Indie Now.
- Broken Chains book trailer which I created, won an award at an International Film Festival for Best Female Director for thriller short.
Moving on to my collections. Heads & Tales is a collection of flash fiction in a mixture of fiction genres.
- Head and Tales was inspired by the song titles of Iron Maiden’s album Best of the Beast.
2) At least 18 of these 28 flash fiction stories, were previously published in magazines and newspapers.
3) I won a t-shirt from a magazine for my horror story Crossed for being so bad and cliche, then the following month the same short story won first prize in an international horror short story contest. ( oh, yeah, I made sure the magazine knew about that win.)
Undressed, is my second collection, It has poetry, prose, short fiction and writing prompts.
- I held a cover contest. This cover was painted ( I have the original), it was everything I was looking for.
- Amazon ( groan) continues to keep putting Undressed in the erotica categories when there is no mention of sex in the book.
- I had many of the poems in the book, originally published in magazines and ezines.
On to my YA fantasy romance, duology, Illusional Reality. Book one.
- The first book Illusional Reality was inspired by The Fellowship of the Ring from LOTR.
- Illusional Reality has the most reviews, out of all my books and has won three awards so far.
- Although, fantasy, there is no stereotype characters. There are no elves, dwarfs, wizards, goblins, trolls, etc and yet Illusional Reality is full of new characters and lots of magic.
- There is an audiobook out for Book 1 of Illsuonal Reality.
Book two of the duology, The Quest
- The duology is a duology in itself. The main character has two sides to her in each book.
- The second book is inspired by The Two Towers, LOTR
- No, there’s no third book like there was in LOTR
- A publisher contacted me and asked if I would like to sign up with them.
- The Illusional Reality has a colouring book out as well.
Stone Cold is a YA supernatural thriller.
- Stone Cold is the most biographical book out of all my stories.
- I did more research for this book than any of my other books.
- The book is based in Scotland even though my experiences happen in Wales.
- There is an audiobook for Stone Cold
- The book trailer for Stone Cold has won 3 International Film Festivals awards. ( you can check the trailers up on the main menu bar)
Toxic is a sci-fi dystopian erotica (yes I like making up my own genres.)
- Toxic is a collaboration with another author, Karen J Mossman. We got together on camera and spent 2 hours plotting, scheming and coming up with a fascinating dystopian world.
2) There are two versions of the same book, one naughty (mine) and one nice (Karen’s)
3) Toxic will soon be removed and republished with a new cover and a publisher. They have taken on all the books and are keeping the naughty and nice theme.
4) Toxic is a trilogy. The first draft of book 2 is ready and we’ll be working on book 3 later this year.
A Flash of Horror – A collection of flash fiction from the horror genre. (in case that wasn’t obvious)
- A Flash of Horror is flash fiction taken from Heads & Tales, Undressed and a couple of original flash, that I wrote for the collection.
- The paperback version of the book is pocket sized. Yes, you can actualy keep it in your handbag, or pocket.
The other two fiction books are In Times of Violence, adult edition (to go with the original OUTLAW series.)
And the box set of Illusional Reality.
And that’s not all. I’ve been working on a small project with my youngest daughter. Take a look.
Links to all my books will be on the right-hand side of the page. Thanks for your support and feel free to share.